21 For 21
What a year!
Thank you for your support, your feedback & your patience.
It’s been a real growing-up year for the non-alcoholic category & for Seedlip in the U.S. & we are set for our best & biggest year in 2022!
It’s now the last few hours of 2021 & I thought I’d share 21 learnings & highlights from the past year:
- Three dogs & two children keep you on your toes & in the moment.
- We proudly became a member of 1% for the Planet committing a minimum of 1% of our annual revenue to charitable organisations
- We Got Next – our 1% for the Planet Charity partner – is brilliant & I’m proud to personally & professionally support Scott & the WeGotNext ambassadors’ work. I share their vision of “a world where everyone is inspired to fall in love with nature because they see reflections of themselves in outdoor spaces.”
- Seedlip is the winner of two Drinks International Awards: 2021 #1 Trending Non-Alcoholic Spirit & 2021 #1 Best Selling Non-Alcoholic Spirit in the world. Whoop.
- You like buying all three of our bottles in one go. Thank you. Variety is very important.
- My favourite book this year was Feral by George Monbiot.
- Filming with Gordon Ramsay [stay tuned next year] was incredible!
- COP26 whilst frustrating at times was a gigantic leap forward in world leaders coming together with the urgency required to tackle the climate crisis.
- Seedlip is now six years old & there are now over 233 non-alcoholic spirit brands in the world!
- Next year we have huge plans [just saying it again because we really do!]
- Seedlip is a product of my upbringing and our My Roots series of stories that we just launched celebrates people’s origins and how they shape who they are today.
- My father is moving back to the UK after 12 years in the US & I’ve just spent the last week in the mountains. Winner.
- My two favourite companies this year are https://www.non.world/ [non-alc redefining the wine occasion] https://fullgrown.co.uk/ [Gavin grows furniture. Yep GROWS it!]
- My wife launched her vintage fashion business in the UK https://www.wasnow.co.uk/
- Did you know there are 47,000 edible plants in the world?
- Partnering with the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition in the UK [check it out here] is another magnificent example of why nature is so wonderful.
- I’m excited to get back to the US next year!
- Seedlip is now available in 32 states in the U.S., 3 years ago it was just me & my dad delivering boxes in New York!
- Not everything goes to plan – I’m sorry if your orders have been delayed!
- Seedlip will be the presenting sponsor at the wellness expo of one of the US’s most popular festivals next year – stay tuned!
- And finally a big thanks to you, our customers & my team for persevering & being part of a fantastic year!
Peas & Love,